It’s difficult to stay focused on your business goals when challenges arise and your determination is tested if you don’t know why you’re doing something.
You need to know what you’re fighting for, so you are focused and driven to keep pushing ahead. Knowing and understanding your motivation can help you avoid getting sucked into the minutiae of the day to day running of your business.
Use the list below to explore possible motivations and determine what has the biggest impact on you and your desire to succeed.
- Money: Is wealth, paying off debts, or living luxuriously a motivator for you?
- Society: Are you driven by the desire to solve a common problem or improve the lives of others?
- Family: Are you building a legacy you can pass down to your children? Are you starting a business to support or honor your family in some way?
- Expectations: Do you worry about fulfilling the needs of others or what others will think about you if you fail? What are your expectations for yourself?
- Consequences: Are you afraid of what may happen if you don’t start a business and become successful?
- Pride: Pride in yourself and your work can be a powerful motivator for many. Is it for you?
- Passion: Does love for what you do give you the fight to be able to work through the challenges?
- Credibility: Do you look at this business as a way to solidify your credibility or establish yourself as an expert?
- Challenge: Do you thrive on the challenge? Do you purposefully take on initiatives that will stretch you and provide learning opportunities?
Once you know what motivates you to take this bold step of starting a business, you’re ready to make difficult decisions and push through challenges
If you need help getting back on track and motivated to achieve your business goals – contact Julie now at https://www.facebook.com/YourBusinessHelper