What Is A Blog?
A blog (short for “weblog”) is a revolutionary business tool. It is easier to use than a web site, since you don’t need to have any technical knowledge or skills to create and publish content online. It also provides many other benefits to small business owners than a normal web site does.
About The IBNInc Blog
As group member, you can use our blog to promote your business, products and services at no cost and to help grow your own presence online.
Our blog has been set up by a search engine marketing expert and is designed to help you easily publish content about your business in a shared community platform that will drive not only new visitors from search engines to our site, but also new leads and potential customers to your own web site or business blog.
Posting To The IBNInc Blog – How It Works
Once you become a registered member of IBNInc, you will receive a username and password that will allow you to login to our blog as an “author”. You can then post articles that promote your business and educate or inform visitors about your products and services.
You may include up to three hyperlinks in each post. This allows you to refer visitors back to your own web site, blog, e-commerce store, product description pages, newsletter sign-up pages, and so on.
Once you publish your posts, a summary of your article will appear on our blog’s home page, with a link back to its own unique page. You can then use this unique post URL in your other promotional activities, such as advertisements, emails, articles, links, social bookmarks, etc …
You may post as often as you like to our blog, provided your content is relevant to your business, adds value to our blog readers and visitors and adheres to our membership guidelines.
Posting To The IBNInc Blog -Step-By-Step Tutorial
Logging Into The Dashboard
1) Open up your internet browser and type in our site address: http://www.independentbusinessnetworkinc.com/
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page. On the left-hand sidebar menu at the bottom, click on “Log in” in the “Meta” section.
3) Type in your username and password into the WP-login box and press the “log in” button to access the blog control area (called the “dashboard”) …
*** The First Time You Log Into The Blog … ***
The first time you log into the dashboard, make sure that you create a profile for your business. To create a profile for your business, click on “Profile” …
… and edit your profile.
- You can always access your profile by clicking on your username displayed at the top right hand side of the screen
- Ignore this section
- If you want to display a different author name than the one assigned to you, then change your “nickname” and select it from the “Display name publically as” drop down menu
- Make sure your correct email address is entered here
- If you have a website or business blog, enter your address here
- Use this section to create a description for your business that visitors and blog readers will see when they click on your profile link. This is an opportunity for you to promote your business and attract new visitors to your site. This section allows you to add hyperlinks and formatted text like bold and italics
- Use this section if you need to change your login password
- Remember to click “Update Profile” if you want to save any changes you make to your profile.
Adding A Post To The Blog
4) Once you log into the dashboard, click on “Posts” to add, edit or delete your posts.
5) To add a new post, click on “Posts” > “Add New” …
6) Add your article title and body ..
- The simplest way to create an article is to write it in a plain text file (e.g. notepad), and then save it to your computer. When you are ready to publish it, simply open your text file, then copy and paste it into the blog post areas.
- Keep the title of your post brief (no more than 7 – 10 words) and to the point and try to include your main keyword in the title. Also, aim to make it as compelling as possible, in order to attract the reader’s interest.Below are some examples of post titles that will attract your readers’ attention:
- How To Avoid Getting Ripped Off When Buying A Used Vehicle
Top 10 Property Investment Buying Tips For First Time Investors
Leasing Fitness Equipment – 7 Common Pitfalls To Avoid
5 Essential Things To Look For When Shopping For Baby Products
Marriage Counselling – A Basic Guide For Beginners
How Pet Aromatherapy Can Improve Your Best Friend’s Health
Remodelling Your Home – 5 Guaranteed Ways To Save Money
Buying Organic – Why It May Not Be The Healthiest Option For You
- For best results, we recommend writing 500-700 word (4- 5 paragraph) articles that:
- Educate and inform your readers about the value of your products or services
- Provide benefits, useful tips, expertise, or reference to valuable resources about your business or industry
- Contain honest product recommendations and reviews
- Highlight controversy or issues that require further discussion,
- At the end of your article, include a closing paragraph that links visitors to your website, e-commerce store or blog for more information, or to take advantage of a special offer, download a FREE report, subscribe to your newsletter, etc.
- By providing useful content to your readers on a regular basis, you will start positioning yourself as an expert in your field and gain trust among your regular blog readers. Once authority and trust is established, you find people responding more positively to your recommendations, sales pitches and special offers.
7) Once you have added your article and finished formatting it (i.e. adding bold or italicised text, bullet points, adding hyperlinks, etc …), scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill in the fields in the “All In One SEO Pack” section …
This step is optional, but completing it only takes an extra minute and will significantly help boost your article’s ranking in the search engines.
- Title: Just copy and paste your article title here.
- Description: Enter a brief description of what your article is about here. For example, if your article is called “Aromatherapy- Getting The Most Benefit Out Of Your First Appointment“, your description could be something like “To ensure you get the most benefit out of your first aromatherapy appointment, your practitioner should meet the five important criteria described in this article …”
- Keywords: In this field, enter five keywords or keyword phrases that are most relevant to your article, separated with commas (e.g. aromatherapy, aromatherapy practitioner, book aromatherapy session, first aromatherapy session, aromatherapy treatment)
8) Once you have completed the above step, copy the keywords you have entered in the “All in One SEO Pack” > “keywords” field to your clipboard and paste them in the “Post Tags” section (on the right hand sidebar, below the “publish” button), then click “Add” to add them to your post …
9) You’re almost done … just select the category related to your business in the “Categories” section (on the right hand sidebar, below the “Post Tags” section) …
10) Once you have completed all of the above steps, simply click on the “Publish” button to publish your article to the blog …
That’s it … your article is now published to the blog!
To view your new post, click on the “Visit Site” or “View Post” links …
Your new post is now published on the blog …
Posting To The Blog -Summary
- Add your new post (post title & body)
- Add the search engine content
- Add keyword tags
- Select a category
- Publish your post
How To Edit Your Post
To edit your post, simply log into the dashboard, select “Posts”, then click on “Edit” …
Edit your article as required, then click “Update Post” to republish your edited article.
How To Delete Your Post
To delete your post, simply log into the dashboard, select “Posts”, then click on “Delete” …
You will be asked to confirm that you really do want to delete your post. Click on “OK” and your post will be permanently deleted from the blog.
Notes: You can only edit and delete your own posts. Posts added by other members display in the ‘Posts” summary window but are deactivated.