Independent Business Network Incorporated (IBNInc) commenced in October 2008 with the support of The Hills Shire council after 3 women; Julie Warner, Kay Murphy and Mary Louise Marshall met at a Networking event, realised they all worked in the Hills and decided to have a regular monthly catch up to provide support to each other with their businesses. These monthly catch up sessions were so valuable in providing support, motivation and the accountability to assist with the growth of their businesses and having not found quite the right fit with existing network groups they decided to launch IBNInc to assist others in micro businesses.
IBNInc aims are to:
- provide support and education to micro business owners to enable then to reach their personal and business goals
- provide a forum for open discussion on business related topics, issues and ideas
- support the promotion of micro businesses within the local community
- facilitate the creation of strategic alliances and partnerships within the group
- provide opportunities for members to share experiences and knowledge for the benefit of other members or their customers
- promote the group and its members
Prospective members are welcome to attend their first meeting without obligation to join IBNInc.
Members must be owners of legitimate registered businesses (inc Sole Trader, Partner, Director) that employ less than 5 people.
To become a member, individuals must complete a Registration Form and sign the Membership Agreement after attending 3 meetings
There is a charge of $10.00 per meeting which includes morning tea.
If you would like to be an Association member there is a $2.00 per annum charge. This is not compulsory, but does allow voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and on any other association items.